Our next meeting is this Thursday – 30th September when we have Patricia Elkington coming to talk to us on “The Garden in Autumn”. We will be holding the raffle and this month we will start to offer refreshments.
Don’t forget the usual members competitions, do enter to start collecting points for our annual awards.
If you have not already collected your membership card, please see Alan, our Treasurer.
Just to remind you we have the following Covid precautions in place:
- Please do not attend if you are feeling unwell
- We would like everyone to wear masks (except the speaker)
- We would request that you use the sanitiser at the door entry before you sign in
- We will have windows and doors open to allow a through draft so please dress accordingly
- There will be no refreshments although we are looking to restart these in September with a new format to reduce contact ( please bring your own water if required)
- The chairs will be well distanced
- Please DO NOT help put the chairs away at the end as we have to re-sanitise them before folding
We had some very successful willow workshops in September which were very productive and enjoyable. A big thank you to our facilitator Jacqui and Di and Alan for managing the day.
Ray and Pauline Wells have recommended a visit to the New Forest Lavender Farm out at Giles Lane, Landford, SP5 2BG where we have previously had a members visit. The grounds have been (largely) converted in the last 12 months into a magnificent series of gardens and at this time the Dahlias and Zinnias, along with other perennials are a sight to behold. Well worth £4.00 to enter and the café does excellent snacks.
Best to watch opening times after end of month (reduced days/hours) and the attached nursery is closed from 1st October.
Donhead Hall in Shaftesbury SP7 9DS is open as part of the NGS scheme this Sunday 3rd October and well worth a visit.
We have now started to plan for next years show on 10th September 2022 and Di is looking for stewards and helpers – we will need about 15 people. If you are able to help please let Di know on email@example.com
Finally, the committee have been reviewing the cost of membership in light of increasing speakers costs and travel costs and have decided that the subscription should rise to £10 per year from 1st January 2022. This equates to approx. 83p per meeting which we believe still represents good value.